Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Lost Art of the Simple Soccer Pass

I've noticed the way people think about youth development in America has drastically changed since I was growing up playing….and that wasn't really that long ago! Everywhere I go kids are being taught to do drag backs, Cruyff turns, Step-overs, and all sorts of moves/tricks. What happened to the inside of the foot pass? The most basic fundamental and most commonly used technique in an actual game is vastly overlooked in the development process. Don't get me wrong, all the above moves I listed are very useful in the right situation…but soccer is an 11 person game so if the young players can't simply pass the ball to each other, what's the point!? I feel the inside of the foot pass is almost a lost art in the youth development process and it's time for it to be brought back!

No comments:

Post a Comment